We challenged ourselves to become ROI positive on LinkedIn with just a $500 ads budget.
SPOILER: it worked!
(AND we’re giving you our LinkedIn Ads templates and strategy at the bottom of this email)
There’s already closed-won revenue to make us ROI positive, and a very healthy pipeline of real, highly qualified opportunities.
(NOTE: campaign is still running but we will share exact numbers at its conclusion)
Read on to see EXACTLY how we did it, so you can do it for your business too.
P.S. this is part of our experiment to see if we can create THE PERFECT B2B marketing campaign for our 12 week demand gen course, The B2B Incubator – click here to check it out.
Here’s how we did it:
1. Be clear on your ICP, goals and budget
- We only ran LinkedIn Ads after conducting customer interviews, and using those insights to update the messaging on our landing page.
- We knew that we had to be very specific with our messaging because we only had $500 to play with, so there’s not really any room for guesswork.
- We created a ‘game plan’ document detailing EVERYTHING about this LinkedIn Ads campaign to stay true to its execution
Grab the LinkedIn Ads Template HERE!
2. Start with Retargeting
- LinkedIn Ads expert Justin Rowe advised us to start by remarketing to our warm audiences (with filters of our dream customers layered over it).
- We are now reinvesting returns from the warm layer into a cold audience for scale
- Justin shared with us his 6 month strategy for scale
P.S. get Justin’s 6 month strategy and all our LinkedIn Ads targeting information HERE
3. Make sure your Creative Resonates with your ICP
- We put our initial creative together based on some key themes:
- Who we are and what we offer
- Social proof
- Organic posts that would usually get us strong leads
- We only put these together after extensive customer interviews so we could use the VOICE of the CUSTOMER in our ads
See the ads we ran here!
Justin Rowe shares his LinkedIn Ads strategy, techniques, and EVERYTHING you need to know so you can do the same for your business
▶️ WATCH (or read) it here!
P.P.S. – check out Part.1 of this experiment and see how to conduct customer interviews with Ryan Gibson here.
P.P.S. – check out Part.2 of this experiment and see how to create landing pages that boost conversions by 50% with Jess Cook here
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to The B2B Playbook podcast.